Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Installing rhythmbox 6.8 on JDS

Patrick Marquetecken wrote :

[...]
> indeed id3tag.pc is not on my computer but i have installed
> libid3tag-0.15.1b schould i installsomething another ?

Although the pkgconfig libid3tag and libmad files are used by some projects
(I think gstreamer does too), they are not included in the upstream
tarballs, but currently only by packagers in rpm (and probably deb)
packages. As a quick hack you can just create a
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libid3tag.pc file with this :

-- cut here --
prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=/usr
libdir=/usr/lib
includedir=/usr/include

Name: id3tag
Requires:
Version: 0.15.1b
Libs: -L/usr/lib -lid3tag -lz
Cflags: -I/usr/include
-- cut here --

Of course, assuming your installed libid3tag is in /usr, otherwise replace
with the appropriate prefix. Still, I'd recommend trying to use some clean
packages made for your distribution ;-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux kernel 2.6.8-1.521
Load : 1.49 1.53 1.20