[Rhythmbox-devel] Plugin architecture?

Hello,
I really like rhythmbox because of its great, simple interface.  There
are, however, some 'extraneous' features that I would really like to
have integrated with it that I don't think every user would want
included (ie support for my Rio through rioutil, automatic lyrics
lookup, and automatic musicbrainz tagging like the musicbrainz tagger
for windows).  I haven't looked very closely at the code yet, but I
was wondering if there is some formalized way of creating rhythmbox
plugins.  If not, what would you recommend for someone such as myself
wanting to add 'fluffy' functionality like this?
Thanks and keep up the great work on rhythmbox,
Ben