Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] rhythmbox 0.6.5 hangs and esd bocking

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 07:40, Johannes Behr wrote:

> I tried to start 'rhythmbox --debug' to look
> for some useful output and suddenly the program
> works again: The gui pops up and every think works.
> But only with the '--debug' flag.

And this is repeatable?  If you use --debug, it always works?  And never
without?

> I think there are maybe some errors in my song-db and
> I would like to build it again.

I suspect the issue isn't your song database.

> How can I 'delete' the rhythmbox db? Can I just force
> rhythmbox to reset all settings and empty the db?

You can delete ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml.

> One more thing: I use gnome 2.4 as desktop environment
> which starts the esd-sound server. When I start
> rhythmbox while the esd demon is running I always
> get some 'can't open /dev/dsp'.
> Can I run esd and rhythmbox in parallel?

Yes - run gstreamer-properties, and select "esdsink" as your sound
output sink.

This is a digitally signed message part