Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Interface ideas

Some have argued that it should be rigidly implemented as FIFO, because "that's what a queue is", which is very limited for what I would want if I was looking for "queue-like" functionality. I think the definition of the word queue should be applied very loosely here, otherwise you end up losing neat functions - like being able to hit back a couple times to hear a song that had just played.

And a previously mentioned player keeps many more than just 5 songs in its "queue", though it only displays the previous 5; and you can "back up" the queue to previously played songs. Also, it will indefinitely add more songs to the queue until you manually switch back to regular playlist mode.

Doug