Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] podcasts: autodownload?; moved podcast folder

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 18:12 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> > 2. I moved my podcast folder, and changed the "download location" in
> > Edit/Preferences/Podcast to reflect this change, but RB can't find the
> > old podcasts. What's up?
>
> The downloaded locations are stored in the database as absolute file
> paths, not as paths relative to the podcast download location.  I'm not
> sure if storing relative paths is actually the right thing to do.  There
> are weird breakages whichever way you try to handle it.

I guess we could ask the user if
a) they moved the podcast location outside Rhythmbox,
b) they want Rhythmbox to move their downloaded podcasts, or
c) neither

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"Some people think that noise abatement should be a higher priority for
ATC. I say safety is noise abatement. You have no idea how much noise it