Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: podcasts: autodownload?; moved podcast folder

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 05:18:18PM +0900, A May Zing wrote:
> I'm afraid I don't understand. If it were relative paths, what is the
> difference? What can I do now to listen to the old downloaded
> podcasts?

You could edit your rhythmdb.xml file manually (or with sed etc.), but
that isn't much fun.

You could also remove all your podcasts from rhythmbox, then resubscribe
and then 'download' the posts you'd already downloaded.  This won't
actually download the posts again, but it'll make rhythmbox check if the
files already exist in the new podcast download location.

I've opened bug #339677 with some ideas on how we can do this better.
I don't really intend to actually work on it myself, though.