Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Help writing a new plug-in

On 10/12/06, James Doc Livingston <doclivingston gmail com> wrote:
Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to get the python debugger to
run inside Rhythmbox. The best I've come up with so far is adding print
statements, which get redirected to Rhythmbox's debug log. Running
"rhythmbox -D pluginname" from a terminal will should print out anything
from your plugin.

You know you can run an interactive python interpreter in any python
code. Just put this code:

import code
code.interact(local=locals())

at the point you want and it'll start a blocking python interpreter
there. Not exactly a python debugger, but it might help.

Rory