Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] GUI mockup... let's get this sorted once and for all

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 01:21:23 +0100
"Martin Jeppesen" <d2xdt2 gmail com> wrote:

> In regards to the new Sound Juicer icon, I think the Rhythmbox icon
> should be a picture of a box that shakes with nodes coming out of it.
> Hence, Rhythmbox.

Sounds nifty! However, I think it's not too bad that the Notification
Area Icon is different from the App-Icon. And I like the two
1/16-notes. How about keeping the shape and just moving to a
glassy-blue tango-compatible appearance?

Considering that (as mentioned somewhere in this thread) the icons need
to be recognisable at 22x22 pixels, maybe the shaking box with notes is
a little too detailed. But then again how about using the notification
area icon whenever we have sizes of 22 or less and have the more
detailed (and slicker) version whenever larger icons are used? To
provide for recognisability, you could incorporate those two notes in
the "large" icon...

just spoke my mind as of 4 in the morning ;)
-karsten

--
/"\
\ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign