Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Feature Suggestion

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 00:10:37 +1100
"James \"Doc\" Livingston" <doclivingston gmail com> wrote:

> Automatic playlists can already do anything the search box can (they
> can do anything the db can). The problem is that the auto playlist
> editor can't - so you could create playlists you can't edit.
>
> If we got a auto playlist editor that could edit those kinds of
> things, it would be fairly easy to add. I think that being able to
> create playlists you can't edit would be kind of odd.

Makes sense. Then how about simply adding an "advanced" button to the
Automatic Playlist Editor, that opens a text-entry box where you can
type in (or edit) your complete boolean expression? Not having dug into
the Rhythmbox code yet, I'm _assuming_ that should be fairly easy.

On the other hand, there could be an option to "edit using search box
and browser". When choosing this, the search box and browser would be
automatically set to the values they were set to when creating the
playlist (possibly changing the "save as auto-playlist" button to a
simple "save" and adding a "cancel" button to revert to the state
before clicking "edit") and you could then change those settings.

-karsten

--
/"\
\ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign