Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhytymbox 0.10.0 "The City Above"

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 05:04:40AM +0200, Martin Jeppesen wrote:
> > On behalf of the Rhythmbox developers, I'm happy to announce the
> > first[0] release in our new stable series is out. Rhythmbox 0.10.0 "The
> > City Above" has no additional features over 0.9.8, only bug fixes and
> > updated translations, so we suggest that everyone using 0.9.8 upgrade to
> > 0.10.0.
>
> Does this mean that, Rhythmbox can/will(?) make it into Gnome?

Not that we've talked about it, but I don't believe this is the goal.
What does Rhythmbox stand to gain from inclusion in the GNOME desktop suite?
What does GNOME stand to gain, aside from a heap of "why not
banshee/muine/quod libet/exaile?" arguments?