Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Post-Amarok questions: related songs and auto-scoring

2008/7/8 Marcin Kasperski <Marcin Kasperski softax com pl>:

- automatical scoring (songs are automatically scored according to my
 listening habits, if I listen the song to the end, its score
 increases, if I jump to the next song or stop after few seconds its
 score lowers, ratios are accumulated (multiplied?) when I get the
 same song multiple times. That's fantastic feature, after some time
 I have my songs nicely scored without any effort.
 Again: does anything similar exists for rhythmbox?

This looks like what IMMS does. I think this is a brilliant idea and I've been wanting this functionality since I switched from xmms to Rhythmbox (back in 2004 I think). I'm sure it could be implemented as a plugin, either independently of, or as part of the IMMS backend. Unfortunately I don't have the programming skills to attempt this myself :(

For reference: http://www.luminal.org/wiki/index.php/IMMS/IMMS

--
Regards,
Derek