Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Playing to USB headset

On Sat, 2008-07-26 at 12:48 -0500, Andy Howell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 	How can I get Rhythmbox to play to a USB headset?
>
> I'm running version 0.11.6 on fedora 9. I can configure gsteamer via the
> "Multimedia Systems Selector" to set the default output to "ALSA",
> device "USB Audio" and the "test" tone is heard in the headset. However,
> Rhythmbox always plays through the speakers.

Reset the defaults in gstreamer-properties, and select the output in the
sound preferences (gnome-sound-properties).

> I tried the PulseAudio Sound Server as well, but even the test tone on
> that plays through the speakers.

When using pulse, just launch pavucontrol (the PulseAudio Volume
Control, in Sound & Video), right-click on the Rhythmbox stream in the
second tab, and select which device you want it to output to.

> Any clues on how make this work?

Cheers