[Rhythmbox-devel] Rythymbox-client playlist control

Is there any chance that the rythymbox-client program can have commands added to switch to an internal playlist? The lack of this one feature is keeping me tied to using xmms, since I haven't been able to find any other program that will allow me to change playlists via crontab.

I know there's the --play-uri option, but that keeps adding a new entry in the playlists list every time you load a playlist, which will get unwieldy very quickly when you run it three times a day.

Alternatively, if there's a way for --play-uri to be directed to play an internal playlist, rather than an .m3u file, some help with the valid syntax would be handy.

Thanks,
--
Myk Dowling