[Rhythmbox-devel] GSoC iPod/MTP Player Plugin GUI Prototype

For my Summer of Code Project I am working on the iPod and MTP plugins, in order to give them "Sync" functionality. I started with a few GUI prototypes. I was also considering a more iTunes-style interface, where Music and Podcasts are listed as Sub-categories of the Device, and the Device's main page is the properties dialog (like Banshee does this), but that is a great deal more work-intensive. I may be able to revisit that idea, if I have time at the end of the project, if people are massively in favour of that sort of system.

I've attached a screenshot of what I am thinking of, so far, for a Sync-ing GUI. The button on the Menubar, can have a drop-down list added to it, to make the Sync-ing Properties more obvious (without going through the Properties dialog).

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Paul Bellamy

PNG image