Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] GSoC iPod/MTP Player Plugin GUI Prototype

On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 09:21 -0700, Paul A Bellamy wrote:
> For my Summer of Code Project I am working on the iPod and MTP plugins,
> in order to give them "Sync" functionality.  I started with a few GUI
> prototypes.
> I was also considering a more iTunes-style interface, where Music and
> Podcasts are listed as Sub-categories of the Device, and the Device's
> main page is the properties dialog (like Banshee does this), but that is
> a great deal more work-intensive.  I may be able to revisit that idea,
> if I have time at the end of the project, if people are massively in
> favour of that sort of system.
>
> I've attached a screenshot of what I am thinking of, so far, for a
> Sync-ing GUI.  The button on the Menubar, can have a drop-down list
> added to it, to make the Sync-ing Properties more obvious (without going
> through the Properties dialog).
>
> Any input would be greatly appreciated!

It's missing a few bits from this screenshot:
http://www.salling.com/MediaSync/mac/

- Playlist selection vs. whole library
- "preview" of the expected sync, as in the bar at the bottom. Ask
Christophe to finish his widget port :)

Cheers