Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] releasing 0.12.6 soon

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 8:47 PM, giopas <linux giopas eu> wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 3:57 AM, Jonathan Matthew <jonathan d14n org> wrote:
>>
>> I'm going to release rhythmbox 0.12.6 in about a week. Here's a
>> prerelease:
>>
>>  http://www.gnome.org/~jmatthew/rhythmbox-0.12.5.91.tar.bz2
>
> Thank you, very much!
>
> I am trying to compile it on my Debian box, but I can not see the new
> Context pane and the Ipod/podcast sync plugins.

The media player sync code is not in this release (and it's also not a
plugin). The context pane plugin is in this release.

> As usual, I think I messed a bit with packaging options. However I could not
> find Context pane plugin in rhythmbox-0.12.5.91/plugins.
>
> Here below you can find the results of ./autogen.sh:
>
>> configure: Rhythmbox was configured with the following options:
>> configure: ** Tree database is enabled
>> configure: ** Multimedia keys support is enabled
>> configure:    MusicBrainz support is disabled
>> configure: ** iPod integration enabled
>> configure:    MTP integration disabled
>> configure:    CD burning support disabled
>> configure:    DAAP (music sharing) support is disabled
>> configure:    libnotify support is disabled
>> configure:    GUdev support disabled
>> configure:    Python plugin support disabled

You don't have python plugin support enabled, so you won't be able to
use the context pane plugin. You can just run 'sudo apt-get build-dep
rhythmbox' to install the build dependencies.

>> configure:    Vala plugin support disabled
>> configure:    gnome-keyring support disabled
>> configure: ** FM radio support enabled
>> configure: ** iTunes detection browser plugin (for podcasts) enabled
>> configure: End options
>> Now type `make' to compile rhythmbox
>
> Are these features been included in this tarball preview? Can you post a
> quick feature-oriented changelog, please?

See the NEWS file in the (pre)release tarballs.