Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] multitrack files (cue sheets)

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 9:51 PM, Volodymyr Buell <vbuell gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What the status of multitrack file support in Rhythmbox? This is a
> feature I waiting for a long time (and I bet it's not only for me but
> for everyone having lossless audio in their collection), but it still
> not there.

No one is working on it, and to the best of my knowledge, no one is
planning to work on it.

> I've heard that the problem of implementing is the lack of support
> such files in GStreamer. Is this still actual?

It depends. Supporting every case where one file on disk contains
multiple tracks would probably require some assistance from GStreamer.
Particularly generic archive files. The bigger problem is that
multitrack files wouldn't really fit in with the rhythmbox database,
which works from the basis that one file is one track and vice versa.

> Do we have a chance to see this feature implemented as a workaround in
> case if GStreamer don't care about such files?

Not where support from GStreamer is required, no.