Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Hello from SoundCloud

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Ben Fawkes <ben soundcloud com> wrote:
Hi there,

Ben here from SoundCloud, an audio sharing platform.  We are currently working on making SoundCloud a more podcast friendly service - with that we would obviously like to have any users podcast be added/indexed to your podcast catcher.  How do we go about making this happen?

If you have any info or guidelines for this we would love to know.

Looking at your website, it's not quite obvious how this would work with Rhythmbox.  In any case, for Rhythmbox you just provide a path to your feed I would imagine and it should download it.  I know it works well with KEXP podcasts for me.  Give a sample url and we can see if it works.  Otherwise, I don't think anything is really required.

You're welcome to write a plugin to allow rhythmbox uses to upload to your service since it seems to be some kind of music + dropbox type service, yes?

sri