Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Hello from SoundCloud

Hi Ben,

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 2:11 AM, Ben Fawkes <ben soundcloud com> wrote:
> Hi there,
> Ben here from SoundCloud, an audio sharing platform.  We are currently
> working on making SoundCloud a more podcast friendly service - with that we
> would obviously like to have any users podcast be added/indexed to your
> podcast catcher.  How do we go about making this happen?
> If you have any info or guidelines for this we would love to know.

Is this something along the lines of a customised per-user RSS feed
that includes new tracks from people you follow and groups you're in?

Anyway, the current options for adding podcast feeds in rhythmbox are
pretty limited. The user has to either click on a feed URL and tell
their browser to pass it to rhythmbox, drag and drop a link to the
feed into rhythmbox, or copy the feed URL and paste it into a simple
dialog. I'm definitely interested in improving this, but I don't have
any specific ideas yet.

If SoundCloud podcasts require authentication, that would also be a
bit of a problem. We don't currently support that, but that's just
because no one has implemented it yet. It wouldn't be difficult to add
HTTP basic authentication, but anything more complicated than that
might be tricky.

thanks,
-jonathan