Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Chromecast plugin development.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 11:42:52AM -0300, Martín Aguilar wrote:
Hello there. I would like to cast my music stream to a Chromecast on my TV.
I want to know if this is actually possible, or otherwise if it is
achievable and/or someone is working on it.

I don't believe it's possible to stream music directly from rhythmbox to a
chromecast.  The google cast SDK only offers Android, iOS and Chrome clients
as far as I can tell.

I'm working on a rhythmbox plugin that streams music to web browsers, which
will most likely work with the chromecast (and phones etc. too).  It might be
sort of usable soon.