Re: Doing some cleanups...

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 07:51:26 +0200, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> I'm doing some cleanups while we're in freeze (in fact I always did,
> but this time it will be noticeable). There's already some
> re-structuring in sawfish.gtk.*, which won't hurt anyone.

Most important bug: open configurator -> Window rules -> add.  There
appear strings "unknown widget". I don't have a slightest guess what
they are.

Deleted file widget-test.jl *does* work. You have to run
/usr/bin/rep, not sawfish-client, to invoke it. You also have to
setup REP_LOAD_PATH like sawfish-config.

It looks useful, because it allows you to test widgets in sawfish.gtk.*.
Please revert it.

From commit 75ca7fd8f
> removed unused monitor.png
A line in 'debian/sawfish-data.install.in' says "monitor.png". Should
it be removed, too?

> More noticeably: old-window-menu and 3d-hack are gone.

At least one user is using old-window-menu. It may be better to retain
old-window-menu for the moment. (I'm not sure, since it's available on
wiki. And s/he may be the only one in the Universe. Personally I'd
like to be nice to him/her.)  I found it from the questionnaire.

(And please read the log before deletion. You would've noticed the
following message was added to old-window-menu this Jun.)
;; This is the "old" window menu. By default, beos-window-menu is used
;; instead. But **DON'T** remove. There sure exist those who use it,
;; according to a questionnaire.

In fact, I've been thinking beos-window-menu should be renamed to
window-menu, and merging old-*. But don't do that in the feature
freeze period. It'll be in 1.7.1.

Let me skip replying the toggle-or-exec & hot-spot issues until the
release.

The cleanup as a whole is really great. Danke schön!

Today I've sent another message on 'never-delete' matcher. I think
that's all for 1.7, except news, which I'll send later.

Teika (Teika kazura)