RE: [Usability] Mac-Finder-like keyboard-navigation: Ctrl="and cl ose the current one"

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

> > > It's not such a great hardship to use the panel workspace
> > switcher to
> > > switch to another workspace.

> > 	Given that, and the fact that Alt-Tab is a very widely
> > used key binding on Windows, my guess is that a significant
> > number of users do use the keybinding.
>
> There is no equivalent of the workspace switcher panel applet on Windows,
> but we do have that in GNOME.

Are you sure that windows has nothing equivalent to the workspace
switcher?

The Microsoft Power Tools pack has included a Multiple Workspaces power
toy since at least windows 98 although I cannot recall how you switched
workspaces because I never use workspaces.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/