RE: [Usability] Mac-Finder-like keyboard-navigation: Ctrl="and cl ose the current one"

> I get the feeling that Gnome simply cannot please everyone
> and that different profile schemes will inevitably be needed
> (pain in the ass to keep well maintained though).

I think the vast majority will just use the defaults, and be quite happy
with them.

[snip]

> you might be able
> to decide a reasonable situation in which the old Unix style
> keybindings could be easily/automatically reenabled (perhaps
> as an option of the workspace applet).

Yes, I am actually asking to change the default key bindings in Metacity, to
allow us to use them in Nautilus. If anybody wanted them in Metacity instead
of having them in Nautilus, he could just change his Metacity configuration.

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc usa net