Re: Annual Report next steps

On Jul 23, 2014 3:13 AM, "Oliver Propst" <oliver propst gmail com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Andreas Nilsson <lists andreasn se> wrote:
> > On 07/17/2014 11:27 AM, Oliver Propst wrote:
> >>

> >> In the release article I find this sentence troubling:
> >> "Wayland is the next generation technology for display and input on
> >> Linux."
> >>
> >> Its very strong wording that I don't think its an accurate, description
> >> of the situation, sounds more like a PR statement from a company
> >> department, I do not think we need to play that role.
> >

> > That sounds correct to me. It is the next generation tech for display and
> > input on Linux after all.
> > What else would be?
> Its not really a matter if its *right* or wrong, but if its an
> accurate description of the situation.

Seems fairly accurate, there is no other display server that has gained any traction other than those related to Android and IOS.

> I think this wording implies that there is none alternative in this
> area which there are [1]. We are usually quick to notice when the
> press treat us unfairly so I don't think we should play (or even risk
> to) the same game.

Humm..  Mir is only associated with canonical products.  The people working on Wayland are more or less associated with X and is supported by everyone else.

Media people can make news on anything, real or perceived.  I agree on being cautious, but not sure if it is completely warranted here.

What alternative would you propose ?

Sri