Re: Bounties on www.gnome.org [Was: Bounty hunt, round 2.]

<quote who="Alan Cox">

> On Gwe, 2004-08-06 at 19:41, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> > I think I saw in a previous mail that Novell already pays the Foundation
> > a fee to handle the bounty's money.
>
> I wasn't aware that companies could buy space on the Gnome web site
> however. The two are different things.

That's pretty unfair. There were obvious communication issues with the
recent announcement, but the original bounties scheme was done with full
buy-in from the Foundation (with double-checking of the actual Bounties) as
a limited test run to see how a Bounty scheme would work.

I don't think it's fair to boil that down to "buying space on the GNOME web
site", even though I have clearly said that (as web person) I no longer
think it's appropriate to host it there.

We have enough unnecessary hyperbole and aggravation on this list at the
moment, please don't add more fuel.

- Jeff

--
What's all that about?                           http://www.no-name-yet.com/

   "The ability to procrastinate is what separates us from the machines."
                     - Chris Gregory, Desktop Magazine