Anybody got a clue? I certainly dont....

Hi all,
    I am trying to remove the "Red Hat Menus" submenu from my gnome
panel main menu - the applications it lists are either duplicates or not
used, but I cant seem to find the global XML files that define the
entities therein. (Everytime I remove them from .gnome, they magically
reappear....) At the same time, they dont appear in gmenu for
editing....
I would also like to remove "Favorites" and "Run"... Does RH (Redhat
6.2) compile these things into the kernel or something, or am I just not
a good enough investigator?
    TIA and any advice/help/experience would be greatly appreciated...

WPH