gnome-gv: geometry not preserved?

I'm using gnome-gv (and a Gnome 1.4 desktop, but with FVWM 2.4.10 as the
WM) now to read PS and PDF docs, and I like it:

  Gnome gnome-ghostview 1.1.96

But, there's one very annoying thing: every time it starts it starts at
the same (very small: 640x480) size.  I have a 1600x1200 desktop so I'm
constantly resizing the window to see the whole page.  Then I quit and
the next time I start it, it uses the original size again rather than
the new size.

I suppose I could set a geometry using app-defaults (assuming it obeys
app-defaults resources?) or write a shell script to invoke it with a
-geometry option all the time, but I would expect it to remember the
previous geometry by itself.  I don't see any "save these settings" in
the Preferences menu.

Am I doing something wrong?

 Paul D. Smith <pausmith nortelnetworks com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools