Re: Are these "troubles" due to RedHat 8 or Gnome 2 ?

George Farris wrote:
On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 08:31, ZekeVarg wrote:

???? That's not my opinion. I see the possibility to choose your wm of
your desire as one of the most importent features. So if this wont be an
option in gnome 2 I don't think I ever will upgrade from 1.4.

But it's so simple:

killall sawfish; metacity
	or
killall sawfish; wmaker
	or
killall sawfish; <your window manager of choice>

save session on logout.

Is that too hard.  You could even whip up a little pygtk script to do it
if you are so inclined.

That's not the issue. The ability to change window managers was removed from one version the next. That is less functionality. You just don't do that unless you've got a really good reason. What I see is, Gnome 2.0 was released before it was ready. It's missing a lot of functionality that was available in 1.4.

--
Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric 3times25 net