running gnome via remote X

Just a quick question for anyone that can help me.  Sometimes I run
gnome apps from my home box via remote X to work.  These are generally
things that either aren't working from where I am currently or I don't
have here or whatever.  Is it possible to have apps that these programs
spawn run locally instead of remotely?

IE: If I am running straw from home and click on a link I have to wait
for my web browser to start up from home and run via remote X.  What I'd
like to have happen is that the app say basically "hey, open a web
browser" and gnome to know to open one locally instead of remotely.

I know that gnome is "aware" of where it is.  If I run GAIM via remote X
from home I get the system tray notification in my panel here at work.

Is this possible or even desired?  Or would something like that disobey
the fundamental laws of remote X displays? :)

Regards,

alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain