Re: Locking the Desktop

I strongly disagree,

When creating a secure network you need to create an environment where most of the security options are set to a secure default and security tasks are automated. Anything left to the users is a potential security risk.
Automated screen locking is not an issue when you use it properly. It enhances the overall security and accountability of users which in general is a good thing.
New distributions add an advantage to standard screen locking with the ability to start a new desktop session from a locked screen. Combined with the great fast user switching applet it provides a great user experience. As a system administrator I really like this feature.

As David points out he uses screen locking, it's just that the feature to start a new session from a locked screen is missing after an update.
Sorry but I can't help you on that David.

Anyway,

Wout