Re: edit files over ftp

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 10:25 +0100, noskule wrote:
> hi list
> this is my first post in this list and also my first time using gnome /
> ubuntu. So my question:
> is there a way with to edit files over ftp? If I open a ftp connection
> with nautilus and want do edit a file, they only open with
> writeprotection, the same over ssh. What I'm doing wrong.

Current stable versions of gedit don't support writing to remote
sources.

Both screem and bluefish  will allow you to save to ssh and ftp (just
guessing with ftp, I don't have a writable ftp source available that
works with gnome-vfs).

David

--
Make your website SCREEM - Site Creating & Editing EnvironMent

Mail: david screem org