Re: new easy GNOME2 CVS build script

hello,

another day another version of the buildscript. if you are interested
then you know where to get it (my homepage listed below). investigated a
lot into this version. solved a conflict between the dirbackup/create
and the module installation part.

this version is heavily tested. now its absolute secure to run this
script as USER or ROOT. it creates a complete gnome 2 installation
wherever you want (and wherever you have access) WITHOUT touching the
system, that means no files are moved to an existing aclocal dir or
whatever. this is tested and works.

24-02-2002:
- 0.0.9 - found a serious building problem. after the build failes for
	  some unknown reasons then this script goes into the directory
	  check function again and moves directories. also these dirs
	  where we installed files already. moving existing directories
	  to .bak is correct but not after we installed something in
	  them. a locking check has been implemented.
	- fixed a little line typo in the 0.0.7 version announcement.
	- now that we export all the paths correctly, we removed two
	  obsolete links that were created by this script.
	- changed the path search order. the previous version applied
	  the old paths first and then the new ones. this cause probs
	  when searching executable files or libraries e.g. if you have
	  a gnome 1 build somewhere else then it took the files of the
	  old build instead of the new installed ones of gnome 2.
	- the maindialog requires that you press (yes or no). it's more
	  secure now.
	- correct output of installed autoconf, automake, gettext and
	  libtool.
	- added bug-buddy to the list of checkouts.
	- updated pkgconfig to use a new version.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali akcaagac stud fh-wilhelmshaven de