Re: Location of Desktop Preferences menu (was Reducing the number of special uris in gnome)

 --- Chipzz <chipzz ULYSSIS Org> wrote: > On 2 Jul 2002, Andrew
Sobala wrote:

> > I agree with doing away with the preference submenus and
> launching
> > nautilus instead.
>
> No, launching gnome-control-center instead.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chipzz AKA
> Jan Van Buggenhout
> --

This has to be one of the more stupid ideas I've heard lately.

Why when for example, a user wants to change their font size should
they have to wait for a seperate application to load rather than just
click a menu item.