Re: Preferred Applications dialog (+ PATCH)

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 14:37, Frank Worsley wrote:
> > I can't give the OK but I'm glad someone cares enough to fix that one
> > and would hope someone will approve it. [I think there may also be an
> > uncommitted patch on the bug on this issue, if I can find it.]
>
> How somebody could care enough??? I don't see how somebody could not
> care about this! It must be one of the single most annoying things that
> aren't working. For the longest time I thought it was actually a more
> difficult problem since it was going by unfixed for so long, until I
> actually went to investigate and it turns out to be only a two line fix.

Well, FWIW, this is the kind of thing that most people set once and
completely forget about, or assume they've just misunderstood, or what
have you, so it gets filed very rarely if at all and it's /very/ easy
for it to fall through the cracks. So 'caring' wasn't the right word for
me to use- more like tracking/remembering.

It's my job to keep track of all of those and make sure they get fixed;
I do a pretty good job but I'm far from perfect, as evidenced by my
failure to track this one and get it fixed.

Luis