Re: Tabs for Nautilus ?

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 04:31:06AM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Alan">
>
> > before adding more to the UI that could potentially leave it hugely
> > bloated
>
> Just out of interest [1], have you tried Nautilus 1.1.x, ie. the unstable
> versions destined for use in the GNOME 2.0 Desktop?

Actually I have.  On my K7-900 it's still a bit pokey, but that might
be the GTK antialiasing stuff.  It's a definate improvement over the
1.0.x though, noticable from the start.

The poster above who put my concerns into terms like "needlessly clutter
the interface" said what I meant much better :) sorry for sounding
peevish.

> [1] Interest in not hearing anymore sentences that include the words
> 'nautilus', 'bloat' and 'slow'. It's really very unproductive and boring to
> hear.

Sorry about that :)  I've followed nautilus for a long time, and have
had some bitches, mostly about usability, and have sent off some of
those to bugzilla only to get responses like "being able to select
multiple files in the non-icon view?  what a strange idea, I don't think
that'll be much use" and having (what I feel are) perfectly good and
useful usability enhancements go un-looked at.

Regards,

Alan

--
Alan -=- alan ufies org -=- http://arcterex.net
"As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat."