Re: Responsability of setting the 'sticky' attribute for a window

On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 10:55, Patrick Aussems wrote:
> I'm asking because in metacity there is no way to remeber those
> attributes, so I thought it was up to the program to do it... But when I
> suggested to add such a feature to an application (gaim for instance)
> they told me it had to be done by the WM... So is this just a missing
> feature in metacity? Will this be implemented in the future? I don't
> want to change to another WM just because of this...

I am currently coding a program which allows the user to generate a set
of rules and actions, which match windows as they are created and can
manipulate them.  I so far can match on the window or application name,
and set it to skip the pager/tasklist, appear on all workspaces, or a
specific workspace.  Sounds like what you want...

Ross
                                           jabber: ross nerdfest org
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./