Re: metacity, vte

On Sat, 2002-09-21 at 18:22, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-09-21 at 20:16, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Rodney Dawes <dobey free fr> writes:
> > > There are several problems in metacity. Most of them happen to be
> > > the lack of an option to change the behaviour.
> >
> > What I'm saying is, I don't agree with you, and am not likely to
> > change my mind. People should know this up front about metacity.
> >
> > Havoc
>
> I'm not saying you have to agree with me. I'm not saying you have
> to change your mind. I am just saying metacity needs to change.

I think what Havoc's saying here is that he's the maintainer, and
therefore metacity is not going to change, and therefore if people don't
like metacity, including Havoc's beliefs about what it should be, then
we shouldn't pick metacity.

I happen to agree with Havoc's beliefs about what it should be, and I
think we should go with it.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead