Re: [Usability]Re: the keyboard accessibility capplet

On Wed, 2002-09-25 at 22:23, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> If the control panel were called "Accessibility Preferences" and had
> the wheelchair icon I think it would help, btw. (We did this in Red
> Hat Linux 8 for the menu item, but not the actual dialog.)  The
> submenu thing creates a level of indirection that's kind of confusing.

The submenu was merely a bit of forward thinking; we're almost certainly
going to need more accessibility capplets in future.  Most imminently,
we need one that switches on the magic GConf accessibility key, but it's
not inconceivable that we or AT providers might need to install their
own to configure aspects of their behaviour in future (e.g. a Braille
device settings capplet).

On the wheelchair icon, we've never really liked that-- it's kind of
specific to certain types of disability, which isn't really what we're
all about :)

Cheeri,
Calum.