Re: Awesome new Mozilla roadmap!

<quote who="Christopher Blizzard">

> >There has been a lot of interest in seeing the composer widget and API
> >included in the GRE. It would certainly assist GNOME greatly - we could
> >standardise on Mozilla and get rid of our multitude of renderers!
>
> Are you talking about Midas?  Or the full fledged composer?

The fully fledged composer. You probably know the background to GNOME's html
renderers:

  gtkhtml1: GTK 1.x based
            No DOM or CSS support
            Includes minimal editor
            Maintained by Ximian for Evolution 1.2.x

  gtkhtml2: Totally new codebase
            GTK 2.x based
            DOM and CSS support
            No editing facility
            Maintained as GNOME module

  gtkhtml3: Port of gtkhtml1 to GTK/GNOME 2.x
            No DOM, little CSS support (I think)
            Includes minimal editor
            Ported/maintained by Ximian for Evolution $NEXTVERSION

So, it would be great for us to have a decent html editor, obviously it
would be good to have a great renderer (of which Mozilla is the best), and
it's incredibly important for it to have a11y support (DOM, CSS, AT bridge),
which the Sun hackers are working on for Mozilla.

Thanks,

- Jeff

     "I tried to make money ass signing, but the bottom fell out of the
                            market." - Liam Quin