Re: For the 70% that hates the GNOME-direction (was Awesome new Mozilla roadmap!)

On Monday 07 April 2003 21:17, Rafal Hajdacki wrote:
|  W liƛcie z pon, 07-04-2003, godz. 16:51, Gaute Lindkvist pisze:
[...]
|  >
|  > FORK GNOME and be done with it. If the figures of 70% is correct, it
|  > should have no problems overtaking the official GNOME-tree.
|  >
|  > This is basically a challenge to Ali (or oGALAXYo if you like). Come on,
|  > fork GNOME and leave us alone, you know you want to. The license for
|  > GNOME makes all this possible. Go on, nobody is stopping you.
|
|  Or don't bother with forking GNOME. Subscribe to KDE mailing list and
|  make KDE even bigger mountain of toys to play. I will stay with GNOME
|  approach.

What a nice flame!
Without KDE being in place (and developed to the level it's now), I could have
no choice but to work in MS Windows.

Thanks to KDE team, Ihave anything I need for home usage - browser, mail
client, games, themes, etc. :-)
KOffice is also developing rapidly, so I hope Linux/*BSD would have
business-oriented solution pretty soon.

I wish GNOME can develop to the level of current KDE (in terms of features or
usability)
Competition is necessary, even in open-source world.
Without GNOME catching up on KDE, what would motivate KDE developers to
develop KDE further?.. :-)

--
Best Regards,

Vadim Plessky
SVG Icons * BlueSphere Icons 0.3.0 released
http://svgicons.sourceforge.net