Re: cvs build

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 14:59, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> The simplest fix is to put it only in the library

	Thanks; that makes sense. I fixed that - and switched to automake-1.6 -
assuming that is a better version to be using;

> I'm not sure you want me to commit the automake 1.7 stuff, because it
> probably breaks distcheck in not-easy-to-fix ways.

	I'm somewhat resigned to that; I'm hoping that automake-1.6 may ease
some of the problems; does it ?

> I'm using the autotools from "jhbuild bootstrap" - which makes it all
> the more weird that this seems to be a RHL 9 specific problem.
>
> autoconf 2.57, automake 1.7.3

	This is indeed odd; perhaps it's a gpp related problem, I suspect that
perhaps the IDL is not being pre-processed correctly; if you can touch
an IDL file that is not building correctly, and then run gpp with the
same cflags; and post the output - it'd be most helpful.

	Unless someone has a RH 9.0 shell account for me to play with ?

	Thanks,

		Michael.