Re: For the 70% that hates the GNOME-direction (was Awesome new Mozilla roadmap!)

On Tuesday 08 April 2003 00:32, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
|  mån 2003-04-07 klockan 22.01 skrev Vadim Plessky:
|  > What a nice flame!
|  > Without KDE being in place (and developed to the level it's now), I
|  > could have no choice but to work in MS Windows.
|  >
|  > Thanks to KDE team, Ihave anything I need for home usage - browser, mail
|  > client, games, themes, etc. :-)
|  > KOffice is also developing rapidly, so I hope Linux/*BSD would have
|  > business-oriented solution pretty soon.
|  >
|  > I wish GNOME can develop to the level of current KDE (in terms of
|  > features or usability)
|  > Competition is necessary, even in open-source world.
|  > Without GNOME catching up on KDE, what would motivate KDE developers to
|  > develop KDE further?.. :-)
|
|  What is the point of this mail?
|
|  What a wonderful world it would be if people actually thought before
|  clicking the Send button, would make everyones life soo much easier...

It seems you missed the point.
Competition is Good (tm).
I highly appreciate recent GNOME developement, as it also helps other
environemnts to become better.
This also means that it doesn't matter wether "70% of people hate the
GNOME-direction", or it's just 10%.
Let GNOME develop on its own. There are a few libraries inspired by GNOME
development which can be useful for other projects too.
Even if GNOME completly fails, we would still use some of its libs.

--
Best Regards,

Vadim Plessky
SVG Icons * BlueSphere Icons 0.3.0 released
http://svgicons.sourceforge.net