Re: Proposed CVS changes to gnome-utils

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 01:01, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> ons 2003-04-16 klockan 02.21 skrev Glynn Foster:
> > Hey,
> >
> > > I disagree with you.
> > > logview and all the other names are totally misleading, they suggest
> > > that these are the tool's names.
> > > I think it's totally worth the pain - such weird naming conversions
> > > often outlive major revisions.
> >
> > Who is it misleading to? From a command line interface, they've been
> > pretty clear -
> > 	gnome-dictionary
> > 	gnome-calculator
> > 	gnome-system-log
> > 	gnome-search-tool
>
> I think he meant the directories in the source tree. That is, that they
> would be confusing for developers. I agree though that it would be very
> little gain since if you plan to work on the module you know what is in
> it and it's very straight forward to map them against the directory
> names.

As someone who's spent a great deal of time rooting around in
gnome-utils over the years, I agree with Mikael here that there is some
considerable hassle for very little gain.
Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sliced bread wasn't an innovation. Sliced pizza was. I mean, can you
 imagine eating a family sized unsliced pizza?"
 - Jeff Waugh