Re: comment about gnome architecture

On Sun, 2003-12-14 at 18:17, Greg Breland wrote:
> Despite rambling a bit, the below excerpt from the original poster is a
> very well put description of what Gnome needs to focus on for the
> future.  Basically, "Build the infrastructure and the apps will
> follow".  I would love to see more focus on pure infrastructure.

Those who do not learn from the past... ;-)

Back in the day, GNOME 1.0 through 2.0, the GNOME developer community
was almost exclusively about infrastructure. It's in the expansion of
the GNOME acronym even ("network object model").

Nowadays we seem to treat infrastructure as a means to an end, and the
results are much better (in fact, even the infrastructure is better).

Havoc