Re: gstreamer gdk-pixbuf plugin

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 11:33, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> El lun, 15-12-2003 a las 10:39, Alexander Larsson escribió:
> > I was just debugging some nautilus issue when nautilus started crashing
> > when reading a directory with some avi files in it. Apparently there is
> > now a gdk-pixbuf loader in gstreamer, and it was crashing trying to load
> > some 700 meg avi.
> >
> > There are a few issues with this:
>
> Hi,
>
> Well, then we won't install it by default.  I don't think it's meant to
> be used (yet), Company was trying to figure out how pixbuf loaders work
> and tried to implement it with GStreamer.

Ok.

> Incidentally, is it documented somewhere that external thumbnailers are
> preferred over pixbuf loaders ?

Uhm? They are not. pixbuf loaders are prefered, being the built-in way
thumbnails are generated. However, that was only ever meant to be used
for normal images, not animations...

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an ungodly alcoholic jungle king in a wheelchair. She's a bloodthirsty
mutant archaeologist with a birthmark shaped like Liberty's torch. They fight
crime!