Re: comment about gnome architecture

Thanks, I think you just won a year+ debate for me I was having with
several other programmers.  Made my day.

I consider specs the infrastructure more so than the actual
implementation of the spec, which will get done when it is really needed
or re-written if it was done badly the first time keeping compatibility
with the first version as much as possible.  Worse case even a bad spec
moves the ball down the field and makes a good spec easier to write.

I think this is a great way non-coders can get involved in helping Gnome
as I am not convinced that coders make the best spec writers.  Maybe
they write the best specs when it comes to implementing them in code,
but not the best from the user side.

However, it takes more than a mere end user also.  It takes someone very
technical that understands how the system works at the system level.  In
short, a very hard person to find.

Greg Breland