Re: [hxplay] Re: GtkMediaPlayer widget

Bob Smith wrote:

It doesn't have to be unused in GTK. A GtkMediaPlayer widget subclass
could be provided for animated gifs via gdk-pixbuf and a spinner widget
similar to what epiphany/nautilus/galeon uses could also be a subclass
of GtkMediaPlayer. Seems like a reasonable enough idea to me.

That's a great idea! I wouldn't want the helix engine to have to integrate into gdk-pixbuf, but using gdk-pixbuf as a default animated-gif-playing implementation makes sense to me too.