Re: GtkMediaPlayer widget

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Bill Haneman wrote:

> From: Bill Haneman <Bill Haneman Sun COM>
> Subject: Re: GtkMediaPlayer widget
>
> I don't think the media player interface has to live in gtk=; IMO gtk+
> needs to be lightweight and general.
> If GNOME needs a media player interface (and I think surely it does), it
> belongs in another package or layer.
>
> I know we're moving away from the "extra widgets in extra libs" idea,

No, we're moving away from "'widgets that are so generally usefull they
should be in gtk+' in extra libs". Gtk+ is still a general framework for
applications, it doesn't mean we're going to put everything in gtk+.
There are still a lot of widgets that should remain in the library they
are now.

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout