Interested in joining the ranks of

  Murray Cumming
  Calum Benson
  David Bordoley
  Daniel Cranston
  Marco Pesenti Gritti
  Christian Neumair
  Damien Sandras

All UI-Review veterans, who combed through the interactions of many
GNOME applications and to whom I say 'Pants Off'!  I'm sure we'll soon
see many more excellent reviews from them.

If you'd like to see your name in lights like these super-stars you too
can start a UI-Review today.

What is it?

UI-Review is the review and improving of our current user interfaces for
the next scheduled release.  Making sure that the interactions of our
applications conform to the HIG guidelines as well as being effective
and usable.

Where do I start?

For a list of modules to get started on check out:
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.5/ui-review/

What if I've never done this before?

We have a (DRAFT) how-to for those who don't know where to start.
http://usability.gnome.org/ui-review/howto_write_ui_review.html

What's the timeline?

    December 2003
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
    1  2  3  4  5  6
 7  8  9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20	---------------
21 22 23 24 25 26 27	/ We are here /
28 29 30 31		--------------

    January 2004
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
             1  2  3
 4  5  6  7  8  9 10	  ---------------------
11 12 13 14 15 16 17	 / UI Freeze is Here /
18 19 20 21 22 23 24	 --------------------
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

    February 2004
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7	 -----------------------
 8  9 10 11 12 13 14	/ Hard UI Freeze Here /
15 16 17 18 19 20 21	----------------------
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29

UI-Reviews will continue until the release, however changes become more
and more difficult to make as we hit each of these milestones.

What are you doing?

Me?  Well I'm trying to journal exactly what I'm doing in this (DRAFT)
page, take a look if you'd like to know more:
http://usability.gnome.org/ui-review/coordination_of_ui_review.html

You can catch more frequent updates at my advogato page:
http://www.advogato.org/person/clarkbw/

I also hang with the cool UI kids on irc.gnome.org in the #usability
channel.  Feel free to drop in and ask questions, I'll be doing a few
review myself and updating the how-to page very soon.

Thanks,
~ Bryan