Re: problem building balsa

Mike Martin wrote:

After giving up on a working gtk2 evolution (no way to setup servers
-crash)I thought I would try compiling balsa

unfortunately I get the following

identity.c: In function `sd_destroy_notify':
identity.c:384: warning: implicit declaration of function
`gtk_idle_remove'
identity.c: In function `sd_idle_add_response_ok':
identity.c:425: warning: implicit declaration of function
`gtk_idle_add'
make[2]: *** [identity.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/balsa/libbalsa'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/balsa'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

my configure is ./configure --prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc
--enable-deprecated-pspell --disable-debug --disable-werror
--disable-more-warnings

anyone any ideas
Those functions have been marked deprecated in the gtk 2.3 series. Unless you are developping gtk itself, you probably want to use the gtk-2-2 branch instead (gnome 2.2 is based on gtk 2.2, and gnome 2.4 probably will also be).

Note however that these are just warnings, so balsa is probably building with -Werror.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/